Healthy Snacks for Kids and You!
Recipes for Kids
Making kids eat healthy and nutritious food is a task in itself. With them ruling out half of the healthy vegetables and fruits, it is a tough job to make healthy meals for them. Our choices are further narrowed if we prefer having vegan, gluten-free food habits. Kids usually have food choices that are not only flavorful but also involve the use of different colors in it. Plus, with so much of junk food available outside, it usually tempts them to have pizzas and burgers over healthy meals. As parents, we often catch ourselves snacking on the same things that they do so...
Here are some quick and easy vegan, gluten-free recipes especially for kids which are not only flavorful and packed with nutrition, but are also the healthy version of some the junk foods available outside:
Quinoa-Blueberry-Nuts Breakfast Bowl
2 ¼ cups almond milk (560 ml)
¾ cups uncooked quinoa (130 g)
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 banana
- A handful of chopped nuts (almonds, walnuts, pistachios)
- A handful of blueberries (or any other berries of your choice)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Pour 2 cups of almond milk into a saucepan over high heat.
- Bring milk to a boil and add quinoa.
- Reduce heat to medium and let it simmer (put the lid on it) for 15 minutes or until the milk has been absorbed.
- Remove from the milk quinoa mixture from the heat and add the remaining 1/4th cup of milk along with 1 tbsp of almond butter.
- Stir and place the milk-quinoa mixture in a bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients- 1 banana, 1 tbsp of maple syrup, some nuts and blueberries and enjoy!
Tomato Basil Pizza with Chickpea crust
- 2 cups chickpea flour
- 1 cup water
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Dash of salt
- ½ cup marinara or pizza sauce
- 1 sliced tomato
- A handful of basil leaves
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup vegan cheese
- Thoroughly mix 2 cups of chickpea flour, 1 cup water, 2 tsp of olive oil and salt in a bowl.
- Preheat the oven at 375℃.
- Spread out the above mixture on a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Bake in oven for 20 mins till the edges are crispy.
- After 20 mins, take out the baking sheet and flip the parchment paper upside down. Gently remove the parchment paper from the crust.
- Spread the marinara/pizza sauce on the crust.
- Place tomato slices and basil leaves over the crust.
- Drizzle some olive oil and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 8-10 mins.
- Remove and let cool for 5-8 minutes
Raspberry Chia Popsicles
- 1 cup of fresh or frozen raspberries
- ½ cup full fat coconut milk
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2-3 tsp of chia seeds
- Popsicle Mold
- Put 1 cup of raspberries, ½ cup full-fat coconut milk, 1-2 tablespoon of maple syrup in a blender and blend thoroughly until smooth.
- Add chia seeds to the mixture and mix well.
- Pour the mixture in popsicle molds, put the sticks in it and allow it to freeze for 5-6 hrs.
- After 5-6 hrs, dip the molds in lukewarm water for a minute to loosen the popsicles. Pull them out from the popsicles and if desired top them with chocolate syrup or any nut toppings. Serve and enjoy!
Try these nutritious recipes today for some healthy & delicious snacks for you and the kids!
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.