Lentil Curry Recipe (Vegan)
This traditional Indian dish with a Rejuvenation flair has all kinds of health benefits, plus it tastes amazing!
Prep/Cook Time: 15 min prep, 30 min cook
Yield: 4-5 servings
- 1.5 cups of red lentils, rinsed
- ½ a yellow onion, diced
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 large carrot
- 2 tablespoons of red curry paste
- 1 teaspoon of curry powder
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1, 1” piece of ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 can of crushed of tomatoes
- ¼ cup of coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Cilantro for garnish
- Cook lentils according to the directions. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, heat up olive oil and saute carrots and zucchini until lightly browned. About 5 minutes. Then add in onions, garlic, and ginger. Cook another 3-4 min.
- Next, add in all the spices, curry paste, curry powder, turmeric, and cayenne pepper. Fry and stir for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in crushed tomatoes, stir and simmer for 5 min.
- Lastly, add in lentils and coconut milk. Simmer for about 15-20 min, stirring occasionally.
- Garnish with cilantro and enjoy!
If you have leftovers and want to mix it up, this recipe is also great over rice!
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.