Super Healthy Kale Salad with Dairy Free Turmeric Tahini Salad Dressing
Kale Salad with Turmeric Tahini Dressing
Prep/Cook Time: 15 min
Yield: 3-4 servings
- ¼ cup of tahini (can substitute with peanut butter)
- Juice from ½ a lemon
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 1” piece of ginger (peeled and minced)
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup of cashews (or any nut you have on hand)
- ¼ cup of sunflower seeds (optional)
- 3 cups of kale or a leafy green
- Salt and pepper to taste
Optional: Almond, Cranberry or Quinoa toppings
- Dressing can be made up to 5 days in advance.
- Combine tahini, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, turmeric, ginger, red pepper flakes in a bowl and mix until well combined. If using peanut butter instead of tahini, first mix peanut butter with 2 tablespoons of water to thin down.
- Toss kale and cashews with dressing.
- Top with sunflower seeds or any other of your favorite salad ingredients! Salt and pepper to taste.
Save the extra dressing to use in the future on any plates of pasta or salads!