Prep/Cook Time: 15 min prep, 20 min cook
Servings: 4-5 servings
- 1 packet of organic corn tortillas
- 1 head of romaine lettuce (can use lettuce as a substitute for tortillas)
- 2 tomatoes (diced)
- 1 yellow onion (diced)
- 1 clove of garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 packet of firm tofu
- 1 tsp of cumin
- 1 tsp of paprika
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional garnishes: cilantro, avocado, green onion, vegan cheese
- Open the packet of tofu, and rinse under cold water. Take a clean kitchen towel and wrap the tofu. Place on a plate and use a heavy pan to place on top of the wrapped tofu. This will squeeze out any excess water. Leave for about 15-20 min.
- Prep and chop vegetables in the meantime. Dice the yellow onion, romaine lettuce, and 2 tomatoes, and mince the garlic.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat for 5 min. Add in 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Saute one chopped tomato (leave the other tomato to put on top of taco, half of the yellow onion (leave the other half to put on top of the taco), and garlic. Saute for about 5 min or until cooked through.
- Unwrap the tofu and add into the cooking vegetables. Smash the tofu until crumbled.
- Add in tomato paste and spices. Salt and pepper to taste. Stir and fry until well combined. Cook mixture for about 10-15 more minutes.
- Remove tofu taco filling from heat and set aside.
- Heat up corn tortillas in large pan. Warm for about 1 min per side.
- To assemble tacos, add one scoop of taco filling, and add on any of the chopped vegetables you like. Enjoy!
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.