Vegetarian Stuffed Acorn Squash Recipe
This Fall inspired dish is bound to be a smash year-round. It may look different and be aware of cooking time based on the squash you choose to fill.
Stuffed Acorn Squash
Prep/Cook Time: 10 min prep, 45 min cook time
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 medium-sized acorn squash
- ½ of a yellow onion
- 1 zucchini (diced)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 2 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 can (15 oz) of black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 can (15 oz) of chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
- 1 tsp of cumin
- 1 tsp of paprika
- 1 tsp of dried ginger (optional)
- ½ lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut the squash in half and scoop out the seeds. With the cut side up, drizzle about 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Bake for about 30-45 min or until squash is soft. Remove from oven and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a medium sized pan over medium-low heat. Add in 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Saute the onion, zucchini, and garlic until cooked through. About 5-8 minutes.
- Add in chickpeas and black beans. Then add cumin, paprika, and ginger. Salt and pepper to taste. Cook for another 5 min. Remove from heat.
- Take the acorn squash and fill with the vegetable mixture.
- Squeeze some lemon juice over and enjoy!