- Supports the immune system.*
- Powerful antioxidant.*
Suitable for Vegans. Gluten Free. No artificial fillers, No Rice.
60 Vegan Capsules (1-Month Supply).
FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $25!
Suggested Use: Take 2 capsules once daily, or as directed by your qualified healthcare professional.
Warning: Consult a healthcare professional prior to use if you are pregnant or nursing, taking any medications, or have any medical conditions. Keep out of reach of children.
Store in a cool, dry place.
What is Elderberry?
Otherwise known as Sambucus, this berry grown in Australia and South America has been used to aid in the reduction in minor diseases such as flu, colds, constipation, and other conditions, and is often served as a tea, extract, or in a capsule.[1-3]
There are two types of elderberry, the American and the European version. The European version, Sambucus nigra, has been proven to have medical effects.
What are the benefits of Elderberry?
Elderberry has been studied and has shown to, “activate the healthy immune system by increasing inflammatory cytokine production”. Some studies have also shown that elderberry has some, “immunoprotective or immunostimulatory effect when administered to cancer or AIDS patients, in conjunction with chemotherapeutic or other treatments”. Elderberries are also known for their high antioxidant values.
Why take Elderberry?
As we age many of our bodily functions become weakened, including our immune system. By taking Elderberry Supplements, studies show that these supplements are able to act as an effective immunity booster.[1-4] As with many berries, elderberries also contain many antioxidant properties that help our body protect against heart, liver, and kidney damage caused by aging. Additional studies also show that by ingesting elderberry supplements of Sambucus ebulus the antioxidants within the supplement acted as a protective factor against not only heart diease but also helped maintain a healthy body weight by lowering lipid and glucose levels.
- 1 “Sambucus”.wikipedia.org. N.p., 2017. Web. 15 May 2017.
- 2 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sambucus#Uses
- 3 “European Elder”.NCCIH. N.p., 2017. Web. 15 May 2017.
- 4 https://nccih.nih.gov/health/euroelder
- 5 Barak V. et al. “The effect of Sambucol, a black elderberry-based, natural product, on the production of human cytokines: I. Inflammatory cytokines.” Eur Cytokine Netw.2001 Apr-Jun;12(2):290-6. Web.
- 6 Julie M. Thole, Tristan F. Burns Kraft, Lilly Ann Sueiro, Young-Hwa Kang, Joell J. Gills, Muriel Cuendet, John M. Pezzuto, David S. Seigler, and Mary Ann Lila. Journal of Medicinal Food. January 2007, 9(4): 498-504. doi:10.1089/jmf.2006.9.498.
- 7 Curtis, P. J. et al. “Cardiovascular Disease Risk Biomarkers And Liver And Kidney Function Are Not Altered In Postmenopausal Women After Ingesting An Elderberry Extract Rich In Anthocyanins For 12 Weeks”.Journal of Nutrition 12 (2009): 2266-2271. Web.
- 8 Ivanova, Diana, Oskan Tasinov, and Yoana Kiselova-Kaneva. “Improved Lipid Profile And Increased Serum Antioxidant Capacity In Healthy Volunteers Aftersambucus Ebulusl. Fruit Infusion Consumption”.International Journal of Food Sciences and Nutrition 6 (2014): 740-744. Web.
|* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.